Many of our children enjoy exploring and playing with different varieties of slime and putty. So we are sharing this story urgently to inform parents and therapists, to be aware of a potential danger.
In the UK the online retailer Amazon has recently removed one of its magnetic putty products from sale over fears of arsenic poisoning and after trading standards found that it contains a magnet which was 29 times over the allowed magnetic force.
“According to Northamptonshire Trading Standards, a magnet included in the banned toy, which has no manufacturer or importer identification, was found to be 29 times over the allowed magnetic force and could be “easily swallowed”. The product also contained twice the amount of permitted lead.”