From our partners at CLASI an amazing opportunity to learn how to create sensory spaces from Sue Trautman and AnjaLi Carrasco Koester. Developed by clinicians for working clinicians.
Planning and Designing ASI Intervention Space
This module provides the steps and ideas for planning, designing and creating intervention spaces that support fidelity to Ayres Sensory Integration®. While lessons are geared towards occupational therapists, physical therapists and speech and language pathologists with advanced training in ASI should find this useful. Content includes aspects of business planning that is not typically part of most therapy-based curriculum. Supplemental activities, such as worksheets, use of references, websites and videos will be used to facilitate the learner’s competence.
ASYNCHRONOUS ONLINE MODULE
Register for the online module and start the lessons immediately. The convenient program allows you to work through the lessons at your own pace and to re-visit the content as needed. The module utilizes lectures, videos, resources, references, and assignments to help participants meet the learning objectives.
WHO CAN TAKE THIS COURSE
This module is created for qualified therapists with existing knowledge of ASI theory, assessment, and intervention, building upon those foundations to challenge the learner to apply their skills in new ways.
After the course, participants will be able to
- Embed evidence based ASI into data driven OT practi
- Use business planning tools to determine feasibility of ASI intervention space design
- Design intervention spaces adhering to the Structural Elements of the ASI Fidelity Measure
- Consider how the Process Elements of the ASI Fidelity Measure relate to ASI intervention space design
- Draw a floor plan reflecting efficient use of space
- State the minimum safety standards for flooring and use of suspended equipment
- Design waiting, entry and exits for therapeutic intervention spaces
- Embed principles of ASI into school, home and community space design
- Access resources related to planning and designing ASI intervention space
- Recognize design contributions of Dr. A. Jean Ayres