- Let your child face the wall or door firmly shut, with no chance of opening.
- They should stand about an arms length away – their arm length.
- Their feet and knees should be a shoulder-width apart.
- Ask them to lean forward and put their hands palm flat against the wall, at the same height as their shoulders. Their hands should be shoulder width apart.
- Now ask them to “Slowly breathe in – now slowly bend your elbows and bring your nose to the wall – keep your back straight. Now straighten your elbows and go back to standing up straight”.
Moving should be slow and controlled to get the maximum benefit.