Presented live and interactive via Zoom.
Our online workshop series will explore the application across the lifespan, with an emphasis on the use and practice of Ayres’ Sensory Integration beyond childhood; with adolescents, adults and older adults – for mental health and wellbeing for all.
Video and real case studies will be used to introduce and enhance understanding and demonstrate the application of Ayres’ Sensory Integration within learning disability and other services. Explore the links between behaviours that challenge carers and care teams and sensory integration challenges, for teens and adults with learning disabilities.
Early development, the effect of trauma and early deprivation will also be considered, with evidence from current neuroscience.
Participants will explore and consider;
– the links between sensory integration, development and wellbeing;
– how sensory integration underpins and is essential to occupation, function and participation in daily life, within this client population;
– different reasons for referral and implications for practice?
– How sensory difficulties may present in various clinical contexts and across different diagnoses – with reference to current research and evidence.
– The importance of psycho-education and how sensory integration approaches can be used in combination with traditional psychological approaches, including CBT/DBT etc.
ways to educate and influence others in the multidisciplinary team to drive service delivery and re-design; with reference to national and international healthcare delivery directives
– different care pathways and models of service delivery, as part of service development and clinical commissioning
Tools and resources presented will include ways to promote participation in activities of daily life, communication and social interaction. The role of the therapist in the multidisciplinary team; individual therapy and consultation model, will be discussed, including with reference to the development of care pathways.
*You can find our Terms & Conditions, Privacy, and Cookie policies at the following links: T’s & C’s